Recently, I have been doing some Spring cleaning - cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets, etc. We Southern women are serious about our cleaning. You all have heard the old saying, "Cleanliness is next to Godliness!" We just won't tolerate a mess in our homes! Every Southern woman I have ever known who was worth the title knows that a clean home is essential to everyday life. Having things clean and uncluttered is my idea of being happy! I truly love it when everything feels really clean and fresh! I also love the smell of lemons, limes and grapefruit! It is a fresh, clean scent that I want to have near me all the time. I recently purchased some Febreze spray in the lemon and lime scent. It just smells so fresh! I love it! Lavender is another scent that I love. I love to spray lavender linen water on my bed linens.
My goal is to have the windows and blinds clean, all the baseboards wiped down, all the linens freshly washed and smelling like "Apple Mango Tango", all the doors and moldings wiped down and the carpets freshly cleaned. Sound ambitious? I'm giving myself till the end of Spring to get it all done.
I have a goal: When I or someone else walks into my home, I want it to be like a welcoming party on the inside. I want to look forward to coming home to my home. I want it to smell good, look good and be a place of serenity for all who come here. I hate loud noises, bad smells, cluttered places and smelly laundry. Yes, I do have all of that, like everyone else but I am choosing not to have it anymore. My new fetish is called CLEAN!!
I'm going to concentrate this week on my bathrooms. Neither of them is very big but the drawers and cabinets could use a really good scrubbing. I am queen of putting things in little baskets and organizing them. I have to confess that I have a love affair with bleach! Having a bleached bathroom makes me sing the "Hallelujah Chorus"!
Yesterday, while shopping at Target, I purchased a Shark Steam Pocket Mop. I love it!!!! It's so easy to use and only needs water - no more harsh chemicals. When we use a mop and bucket, I always have a film on my floors. This mop leaves no residue. It dries almost instantly and leaves a little glow on the floor. I'm so loving my floors now! If only they made something that cleans this well for the carpets! I actually had fun cleaning my floors! I highly recommend this mop! It comes with extra cleaning pads that you just toss into the washer. It is easy on your back and honestly, my floors look like no one ever walks on them. I am going to give them a white sock test next time I clean. I'm proud of my tile floors!
By the way, Shark doesn't even know I'm alive and no, I wasn't paid to say all of that.
Having a little one in the house just makes me want to get it clean and keep it that way. She plays in the floor a lot and even picks up food that she drops and eats it!
I plan to show you a lot of the baskets that I use around the house. They seem to be everywhere but they help so much with organization. I'm always on the look for new ones. Can't have enough organization!
1 comment:
I like your baskets. They always make everything look more pulled together. Is that Shark the one that steams? I need one....dogs.
Post a Comment