Getting to know you......


My name is Lela and I'm a blogger. I live about 35 miles south of Dallas, Texas in a small town of about 18,000 people. I've been married for 36 years to the same man. We have raised 5 children and have eleven grandchildren and one great-grandchild. We are members at a local Cowboy church in our town and heavily involved there. My husband and son travel and sing southern gospel. They are getting to be pretty well-known around these parts.

We are christians and love the Lord Jesus with all our hearts and try to live for Him daily. I love to decorate my home. That is my passion. I also love to read, work on the computer, cook, sew, scrapbook and do all sorts of crafts like needlepoint and crosstitch. I love flea markets, thriftstore shopping and even the neighborhood Wal-Mart. I hope to get to know lots of friends through blogging.

The picture above is of my living room fireplace. I've just started decorating for Christmas and like to take pics every year in case I want to duplicate it the next year. I'm crazy like that!
I've got Fall decorations on the kitchen table that I'm disassembling and Christmas decorations in tubs in the kitchen floor! How's that for organization? I'm anxious to get everything up and decorated. We've recently moved and I'm having trouble finding all my decorations.

Well, until the next blog.
Remember that Jesus is the reason for the season!

Lela

No comments: