Our daughter and two grandchildren are coming tomorrow! I still haven't given the house a once-over or even bought many of my groceries. I've much to do and not a lot of time to do it in.
We won't have our Thanksgiving dinner until Friday afternoon. The other kids have to honor their wives by having dinner with their families so we put it off a day. No big deal - actually gives me more time.
I've made my menu already. We are having
Turkey
Dressing
Ham
Cranberry sauce
Sweet Potatoes
Layered Salad
Rolls/butter
Chocolate sheet cake
Pumpkin Pie
Cranberry Trifle
Cheesecake
Banana/blueberry bread
Tea/coffee
That should definitely fill everyone up! I've got to make my cornbread tomorrow, cook my cranberries, make my pumpkin pies, and my breads.
The turkey is thawing in the fridge, the sweet potatoes will be made on Thursday and the other desserts. We'll put the turkey in the oven early on Friday morning when I put out the rolls to rise. The dressing I make in my large crockpot and it takes about 5 hours so I'll turn it on early Friday morning also.
My house is all decorated and the table is set. I expect about 13 people in all. All the kids will be here except one. I'm looking forward to good food and lots of fun conversation! We always sit around and talk about good times together while we laugh and watch the kids play. Can't wait! My husband will get us all around the table holding hands while we say grace and thank our Heavenly Father for all our many blessings.
Thanksgiving is the only holiday that isn't comercialized to death! They aren't trying to sell you things. It's just a good day to remember our many blessings and be thankful. We should have more than one of these a year! I hope everyone will have a good meal to eat that day and be with someone to celebrate. If I knew a soldier that didn't have any family, I'd invite them.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone! God's blessings on all of you!
1 comment:
Girl...if someone touches those new white towels I think you will hear about from where you live..ha!
Post a Comment